Episode #3: Interview with Philipp Erb, Responsible for the Swisscom Facilitator Community – Swisscom (in English)
Solution Focus live “Conversations with Leaders” – Episode #3
Interview: Dominik Godat with Philipp Erb | Intro & Outro: Elfie Czerny |Music: www.bensound.com
Solution Focus (SF) changed his perspective on leadership and his way of talking to his employees completely. On today’s show we were curious how Philipp Erb made his transition from traditional leadership with 14 direct reports to a passionate Solution Focused leader responsible for 210 employees that foster change at Swisscom. And we got fantastic answers that can make all the difference for you! Get to know Philipp’s passion and the differences SF has made in his daily leadership life. Learn more about his coffee meetings with his employees, how he shifts the focus to what works and how he appreciates even the smallest steps.
In this episode Dominik and Philipp explore:
- how Solution Focus helps Philipp in his dynamic business environment.
- how his employees react when he asks them questions instead of giving them advice or telling them what to do.
- the role of appreciation in Philipps work since he uses the SF appraoch.
- where and how Philipp uses scaling in his leadership function.
- how he leads 210 people directly.
- how he shifts the focus of his employees to what works.
- how appreciation and focusing on what works allows new solutions to arise.
- what Philipp does when he says he „walks the talk“.
- how he talks about questions so that his employees grab what SF is about whithout teaching them SF.
- how he uses the potential of his team and shows them with this how they can use the potential of the teams they work with as facilitators.
- what is different for Philipp since he’s been applying the SF approach in his leadership function.
- how he deals with people who don’t want to answer questions or just want an answer from him.
- how he responds to answers he „doesn’t like“.
- how SF helps an organization to get more towards a self-organized company.
- how SF leadership builds up trust and what positive effects emerge out of that.
- what challenges Philipp is facing right now.
- how he deals with people who are not (yet) SF.
- how he deals with the challenge of not giving advice to people.
- the importance of reflection for himself and reflection with other people in intervision groups.
- what was helpful for Philipp in making the transition from traditional leadership to SF leadership.
- three things Philipp would tell SF beginners that could benefit them.
Höre dir Episode #3 hier an.
Willst du als Erste/r wissen, wass die nächste Episode erscheint? Dann melde dich hier zu unserem Newsletter an.
Wir freuen uns auf dich!